|This article is a stub. You can help Robotech Saga Wiki by expanding it.|
- For the Novelization see Force of Arms (novel)
|"Force of Arms"|
|The Macross Saga, Episode 27|
|Air date||9 April, 1985|
|Written by||Steve Kramer|
|Directed by||Robert V. Barron|
|Comic adaptation(s)||Robotech: The Macross Saga 27: Force of Arms|
Robotech: Final Fire
"Force of Arms" is the twenty-seventh episode of Robotech: The Macross Saga.
The entire Zentraedi force, commanded by Dolza, emerges from Hyperspace and surrounds Earth. Once again, the crew of the SDF-1 prepares to do battle, but now the humans have allies in Breetai and Azonia. Khyron, true to his self-serving nature, deserts.
Dolza’s attack is brutal. He begins by firing on Earth. Whole cities are obliterated across the face of the planet. In an attempt to disorient the new Zentraedi forces, Breetai comes up with a plan to broadcast Minmei’s singing. Meanwhile, the United Earth Defense Council plans to put its most valuable weapon, the Grand Cannon, to use.
As Minmei’s song is broadcast from a planet base, Gloval launches the SDF-1 into its ultimate strategy. He rams the battlefortress into Dolza’s flagship. The ensuing explosion destroys the hostile alien armada. The incredible spacefortress, terribly damaged, crash lands on Earth.
- "Utilize Full force! Fire at will!" - Breetai.
- "I'm not very good at this sort of thing but I might not see you again. I wanted to say that... that I love you!" - Rick to Minmei.
- "Ironically we planned on using the Reflex warheads on your ship. Who would've dreamed that we would be fighting on the same side" - Gloval's thoughts about Exedore.
- "I'm a pilot and your a big star now. You know it wouldn't have worked for us anyway." - Rick to Minmei.
- Minmei: Are they all destroyed?!
Minmei: On no!
"Force of Arms" was based on the original Japanese episode of The Super Dimension Fortress Macross entitled "Ai wa Nagareru" (Meaning "Love Drifts Away" in English) that was aired 24 April, 1983 in Japan.
Robotech Remastered additions/changes
to be added
- Robert V. Barron as Donald Hayes
- Cam Clarke as Max Sterling
- Tony Clay as Breetai
- Lara Cody as Kim Young, Jason
- Richard Epcar as Grel
- Greg Finley as Henry Gloval
- Rebecca Forstadt as Lynn Minmei
- Eddie Frierson as Lynn Kyle
- Alexandra Kenworthy as Azonia
- Ted Layman as Exedore
- Wendee Lee as Vanessa Leeds
- Robin Levenson as Sammie Porter
- Melanie MacQueen as Lisa Hayes
- Edie Mirman as Miriya Sterling
- Iona Morris as Claudia Grant
- Tony Oliver as Rick Hunter
- Mike Reynolds as Dolza
- J. Jay Smith as the Narrator
- Dan Woren as Roy Fokker
- Lisa's comment about wondering if there's anything else around and if they are the only survivors is an eerie premonition of the motives of Thomas Riley Edwards and his vendetta against The Hunters. Rick's comments about it not being too bad for them to be the only one's left add to this.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Messenger||Reconstruction Blues|